This week my confession is that I have a huge fear when asking for money while selling!
I actually start to get nervous, the cold sweats and a racing heart when I have to state how much my services cost. What’s ironic is I coach people on pricing, I had a job in fundraising (so I definitely have no problem asking for money) and I don’t mind selling, but when it comes to stating my own price, especially when I’m doing what I love and would do free (if it wasn’t my job), I get so nervous!
So listen in because I learned some extremely helpful tips on how to communicate the price of your services without feeling gross when I was on the Kendrick Shope Show.
Here are my own tips on pricing and communicating pricing:
- Focus on results and the value the client / customer receives and NOT the actual semantics and details of the product or service. Trust me no one cares if they get 3 or 4 meetings, all they want are results!!!
- Be clear on what you are actually offering. I know too many people who change their services to “please” the customer, but then don’t adjust price or are unhappy because it’s something they don’t want to do.
- Don’t offer something you don’t like or don’t want to do just because they ask!
- Don’t look at what others are pricing their services at because they are NOT you!!!
- Do evaluate your pricing every few months to make sure you’re not undervaluing what you can offer.